Workspace Group PLC with ICO registration number Z6141866 and its wholly owned subsidiary companies (together “Workspace”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are registered as data controllers with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
See here for details of “Which Workspace Group companies are Data Controllers?”
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding your information and being transparent about how we use your information to improve our services for the benefit of all our customers and website and mobile application users.
Why does Workspace require personal information from its Employees?
Each Workspace employee has an HR file created once that employee accepts a Workspace job offer and signs our employment contract.
We use our HR records, which contain personal data such as all the details obtained during the recruitment process, and additional information collected on appointment and during the period of employment:
- for HR and other business administration;
- to fulfil the terms of the employment contract between you and us; and
- to meet our legal obligations generally.
See “What does Workspace do with my personal information?” for more details.
How does Workspace collect information about its Employees?
Information in HR files are:
- provided directly by our employee colleagues,
- provided by agencies associated with them such as HMRC, the Child Support Agency, Courts,
- provided by previous employers and referees; or
- created during the period of employment on our behalf by organisations that provide services to us, such as recruitment agencies, pension providers, Independent Financial Advisors, insurance brokers, Occupational Health Advisors.
See “How does Workspace collect my personal information?” for more details.
What type of personal information on Employees does Workspace collect?
We consider that our HR and other business records include information you might reasonably expect a business to hold. Information in each employee’s HR file includes:
Personal details. Find out more
Bank account and certain financial details. Find out more
Employment Benefits. Find out more
Training and Performance records. Find out more
Health information. Find out more
Details of persons associated with you. Find out more
See “What information does Workspace collect about me?” for more details.
How will Workspace share my information?
- We share data with organisations associated with Workspace, such as our auditors, our payroll service provider, the financial adviser associated with our pension scheme and the pension provider. We share data relating to employees with these organisations to administer employment benefits.
- We are required to disclose information to organisations associated with employees, including the Child Support Agency, HMRC, the Courts, the Home Office regarding residence permits, solicitors and the employee themselves.
- At your request, we will also provide references for mortgages and landlords and references to future employers.
See “Will Workspace share my personal information with anyone else?” for more details.
For how long will Workspace hold my personal information?
- We aim to minimise the information we hold on our employees and strive to ensure that we hold only information that we need to fulfil our obligations to our employees and meet our legitimate business interests.
- We retain our HR files for the duration of employment and then for six years from termination of employment. After the expiry of this period, we will keep a summary of dates employed and job title indefinitely.
What happens to my personal information when I am no longer a Workspace Employee?
Once you cease to be employed by Workspace, your contract of employment will terminate on the date that you leave. However, HR administration and payroll records relating to the period when you were an employee will continue to be held for a period of six years (longer for pension related records) to meet our legal obligations and in our continuing legitimate business interest.
Find out more
How does Workspace share my personal information after I leave its employment?
- We are required to continue to disclose some information about Workspace leavers to organisations associated with you or us as disclosed in the Employee Privacy Notice to inform them that you have left our employment and to close any records they may have of you resulting from your prior status as a Workspace employee.
- Currently we provide references at the request of your new employer. In future we may only be able to provide references for employers, mortgagees and landlords if requested by you. We will do this even if they are located outside of the EEA.
- After the six years post termination period, we will continue to hold a summary report of your name, the dates you were employed and your job title.
Your privacy rights and how to contact us
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and to complying with all data protection laws. Whether you supply your personal information online, by email or in a letter, by phone or text, we will never use or share it without a lawful reason to do so. We will never sell your personal information.