Workspace Group PLC with ICO registration number Z6141866 and its wholly owned subsidiary companies (together “Workspace”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are registered as data controllers with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
See here for details of “Which Workspace Group companies are Data Controllers?”
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding your information and being transparent about how we use your information to improve our services for the benefit of all our customers and website and mobile application users.
Why does Workspace require personal information from Customers?
The core of our Services relates to the provision of high quality office space in various locations. We manage the properties, carry out maintenance and repairs, provide security and access controls to all common areas, liaise with you and your colleagues to manage the tenancy, invoicing and collection of rent and facilitate access to our buildings and offices. These activities fall under our contractual obligations with the named customer and are in our legitimate business interests to secure our buildings and meet our legal obligations as a landlord and property occupier.
All the personal data we process is necessary for us to fulfil our legal obligations to our customers, their (and our own) employees and to meet statutory duties.
See “What does Workspace do with my personal information?” for more details.
What type of personal information does Workspace collect?
- The categories of personal data we need for the purposes of lease management are names, contact details, including home addresses for customers where applicable, job title, the customer’s business name, and financial information, such as bank details.
- We collect this information from our customers or their solicitors.
- We create records comprising the transaction history, rent and service charges and these can relate to individuals where a tenancy is taken in an individual’s name rather than a corporate entity.
See “What information does Workspace collect about me” for more details.
Will Workspace use the personal information it collects to market to me?
We may use your contact details to send you marketing and promotional materials where we are permitted by law to do so. Generally, we will send marketing to prospective customers and past and present users of our Services on the basis that this is in our legitimate interest in connection with running our business and does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. You may ask us to stop using your contact details for marketing communications at any time.
See “Privacy Notice for direct marketing of Workspace Services” for full details. [CLICKABLE]
How will Workspace share my information?
This information may be disclosed to HMRC, local Trading Standards when required by law and the Police for criminal or terrorist investigations.
See “Will Workspace share my personal information with anyone else?” for full details.
Will my personal information be sent outside the European Economic Area?
If you take out a tenancy in The Salisbury, our property located in Finsbury Circus, your personal data will be transferred to Jersey which has a current Adequacy Finding (which means it has been judged to have appropriate safeguards for your personal data) with the European Commission. The data transfer to Jersey is a legacy issue and relates to our original acquisition of the property and we are looking to change this arrangement in due course.
For how long will Workspace hold my personal information?
- In general, we retain financial records including invoices for seven years to meet HMRC requirements.
- Our property records are also held for seven years from disposal of the property for tax purposes.
- Information relating to individual leases (excluding the lease agreement which can be held for up to 12 years if signed as a deed) is held for six years from termination of the tenancy.
Your privacy rights and how to contact us
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and to complying with all data protection laws. Whether you supply your personal information online, by email or in a letter, by phone or text, we will never use or share it without a lawful reason to do so. We will never sell your personal information.