Workspace Group PLC with ICO registration number Z6141866 and its wholly owned subsidiary companies (together “Workspace”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are registered as data controllers with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
See here for details of “Which Workspace Group companies are Data Controllers?”
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding your information and being transparent about how we use your information to improve our services for the benefit of all our customers and website users.
Why does Workspace undertake direct marketing?
We undertake marketing of our properties, services and facilities to our prospective tenants, current and past tenants, Club Workspace members, meeting room customers and customers of any of our other services. We also occasionally send marketing on behalf of our selected service providers and charities that we support.
We do this because:
- Our marketing to you helps us to refine our product and service offerings so that we can best provide our customers with the services they require.
- Our customer surveys tell us that you want to know about the range of services that we offer.
- The marketing information we send include our range of complementary services such as meeting rooms available for booking, additional/alternative office space and Club Workspace locations.
- Our buildings house a community of businesses and we foster that community with local cafes and eateries, external suppliers who can promote their offerings in communal areas and sometimes holding events or fundraising for charities we support.
Why does Workspace want my personal information for direct marketing purposes?
To be clear, we will not share, sell or rent your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes.
- Workspace properties including new locations, units and related services;
- New benefits and service offerings we may launch to enhance your experience of our Services;
- Information about our selected third party partners that may add value to your experience at Workspace.
We may send direct marketing communications to you by email, phone or text (SMS or MMS).
We may also send direct marketing communications by social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or by push notifications.
On what basis does Workspace use personal information for direct marketing?
Generally, we will send marketing to prospective customers and past and present users of our Services on the basis that this is in our legitimate interest in connection with running our business and does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. Where we deem that legitimate interest cannot be used as a ground to send marketing to you, we will ask for your consent before sending any marketing. You may ask us to stop using your contact details for marketing communications at any time.
If we receive notice asking us to stop sending you direct marketing, we will stop sending you direct marketing as soon as possible (although you may receive a small number of further communications while your request is being processed through our systems).
What type of personal information does Workspace collect for direct marketing?
- We will collect your first and last name, email address or mobile number and other similar contact information – this will enable us to contact you directly.
- We may also collect device information such as your device identifiers, IP address, browser type and operating system and details of how you access our Services – this will ensure that our marketing information can be correctly displayed on your device to give you the best possible experience.
- When you register for a door entry fob, which lets you securely access our premises operating a fob access system, we will collect your name and email address as part of the registration process.
See “What does Workspace do with my personal information?” for more details.
How and when does Workspace collect my personal information for direct marketing?
We are keen to be open and transparent about how we undertake direct marketing using your personal information. At every stage of the customer journey, we seek to provide clarity on the benefits we hope to provide to our prospective, current and past customers.
See “How does Workspace collect my personal information?” and “What information does Workspace collect about me” for full details.
What happens if I do not want to receive direct marketing from Workspace?
We recognise your right not to be included in our marketing initiatives if you do not wish to be. You will not be treated differently just because you tell us you do not wish to receive direct marketing.
If you tell us you do not wish to receive direct marketing:
- Prospective customers: we will not send you any direct marketing and will only use your details to respond to your specific enquiry – we will not retain your details for longer than is necessary to deal with your enquiry and any follow-on action.
- Current customers: if you are an existing customer, we will add your details to our suppression list of those customers who do not wish to receive direct marketing. We will continue to use your details to send you business communications and any relevant information because this is in our legitimate business interest.
- Past customers: when your tenure in one of our buildings, or your use of any of our Services, comes to an end, and you tell us you do not wish to receive direct marketing from us in the future, we will not send you any direct marketing. We will continue to retain your details only for as long as necessary in accordance with our internal Records Retention Policy. For example, this could mean keeping financial records for audit purposes or copies of leases for legal purposes.
Can I object to direct marketing? What happens next?
We will not share, sell or rent your personal information. We will stop using your personal information for direct marketing if you ask not to receive marketing from us. We will not sell or rent your personal information.
- You can ask us not to send you direct marketing– we will advise you that you may not be able to receive notice of the additional services and benefits we offer if you do so;
- Each direct marketing communication we send will give you the option to “unsubscribe” from any future direct marketing communication from us;
- You may exercise your right not to receive direct marketing by using the “unsubscribe” link on by contacting us at Workspace Group PLC, Canterbury Court, Kennington Park, 1-3 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DE, c/o the Data Protection Officer, via email to DPO@workspace.co.uk or through the Workspace Website at www.workspace.co.uk/contact-us.
How will Workspace share my information?
We do not share any personal information collected through our Enquiry Form or our service offering with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We will share your information with selected third parties where:
- you request or authorise it;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the information is provided to comply with the law, applicable regulations, court orders, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others.
See “Will Workspace share my personal information with anyone else?” for full details.
For how long will Workspace hold my personal information?
- We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary depending on whether you are a prospective, current or past customer.
- If we do not establish a business relationship with you, your personal information, will generally not be retained for only as long as necessary to respond to your enquiry;
- For our current or past customers, the duration for which we retain your information is in accordance with our internal Records Retention Policy.
Your privacy rights and how to contact us
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and to complying with all data protection laws. Whether you supply your personal information online, by email or in a letter, by phone or text, we will never use or share it without a lawful reason to do so. We will never sell your personal information.