Workspace Group PLC with ICO registration number Z6141866 and its wholly owned subsidiary companies (together “Workspace”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are registered as data controllers with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
See here for details of “Which Workspace Group companies are Data Controllers?”
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding your information and being transparent about how we use your information to improve our services for the benefit of all our customers and website and mobile application users.
Why does Workspace require personal information from its Employment Candidates?
We need details of your experience, generally obtained through your CV, to assess your suitability for the job vacancy in which you are interested and to help us make a decision to offer you an interview for the role.
Before making an offer of employment to a candidate, we carry out some pre-employment checks which may include a credit reference check, a check for adverse material relating to the applicant on the internet, DBS (criminal checks) and other relevant checks required or permitted by law.
See “What does Workspace do with my personal information?” for more details.
What type of personal information does Workspace collect from its Candidates?
- We collect your CV which may include your name, educational and professional qualifications, work experience, hobbies and referee details.
- To carry out the necessary pre-employment checks, we must share job candidates' names and contact details with the third-party service provider that undertakes the pre-employment checks on our behalf. The third-party service provider checks include sourcing information from publicly accessible sources, such as the Courts and credit reference agencies, and may include information from countries outside of the EEA where the job candidate had previously lived and/or worked.
- On appointment, we will provide details of the employment offer to any recruitment agency that was involved in the recruitment of the successful candidate.
See “What information does Workspace collect about me” for more details.
For how long will Workspace hold my personal information?
- We consider that our HR records include information you might reasonably expect a business to hold. Information in each employee’s HR file includes:
- We only hold information that is necessary for us during the recruitment period or to enter into an employment contract with the successful candidate.
- We keep our recruitment records for the duration of the recruitment process and then for no longer than six months for unsuccessful candidates or, with the permission of the candidate, for longer in case a suitable role becomes available.
- For successful candidates, the personal data in the recruitment file will be carried forward into the new employee's HR file.
Your privacy rights and how to contact us
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and to complying with all data protection laws. Whether you supply your personal information online, by email or in a letter, by phone or text, we will never use or share it without a lawful reason to do so. We will never sell your personal information.