Call us on 0203 918 7691 to speak to the team
Call us on 0203 918 7691 to speak to the team
- What does Workspace do?
Workspace is London’s leading provider of flexible offices and studios for London’s brightest businesses.
Workspace is a FTSE 250 listed Real Estate Investment Trust and a member of the European Public Real Estate Association. Established in 1987, and listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1993, Workspace manages four million sq. ft. of business space across 60 properties throughout the capital.
- What's different about Workspace?
Workspace is wholly London-based and was the first to offer flexible leases back in 1987. Our properties include many of London’s most characterful and striking buildings, each with their own unique history and are owned and managed by us.
We regularly reconfigure our properties to adapt to customers’ changing requirements including a vibrant front of house experience, meeting rooms, breakout areas, gyms, cafés and wellbeing facilities, such as cycle storage and showers.
On top of this, our experienced centre managers create fantastic communities within the buildings, hosting customer events and promoting networking and knowledge sharing opportunities to support business growth.
- What’s included in a typical Workspace office?
A typical Workspace office will include an unfurnished space that you can fit out and personalise with superfast technology. Most customers will go for a 2-year lease with 6-month break clause, and you’ll get all the extras:
- Dynamic community of like-minded businesses
- Vibrant front of house experience with on-site café or restaurant
- Regular business insight and networking events
- Breakout spaces and meeting rooms available for you to use across London
- Wellbeing facilities, including cycle storage and showers
- Are you a property agent?
No, we own and manage all of our properties – and hold more than 4.5 million square feet of business space across London.
- Are there any secretarial, conference room or reception services available?
Our properties typically provide all of the above facilities, speak to the team to find out more about the property you’re interested in.
- Do you have 3 phase electricity and ISDN lines installed?
Yes, some of our properties have these services. If you have special requirements, the team will be happy to help.
- Do you offer any other customer services?
We are home to more than 3,000 businesses and offer a range of services and access to key partners to help you run your business and stay connected. From connectivity and cleaning to furniture and funding support, it’s all in one place, speak to the team for further details.
- Is car parking available at Workspace buildings?
Finding and viewing your perfect Workspace
- What sort of spaces do you have to rent?
Workspace can accommodate businesses of all shapes and sizes. You can choose between offices, workshops, studios, light industrial, warehouse and storage spaces with sizes ranging from 100 to 40,000 sq ft.
- How can I find out what other spaces you have available?
You can find all of our properties on our website, or for more information contact the team by calling 0203 918 7691 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I arrange a viewing?
To arrange a viewing call the team on 0203 918 7691, or email them at email@example.com.
- Do you have a referral scheme?
Yes, if you’re an existing customer, you and a friend are both eligible to receive a £1,000 reward when they take an office with us on your recommendation. All you need to do to claim is:
- Tell your friends and/or clients about Workspace
- Make sure they mention your name when they first get in touch
- After your friend has enjoyed their space for three months, you’ll both receive a choice of either £1,000 rental credit or £1,000 John Lewis/Waitrose gift cards, as our way of saying thank you
- How do I rent a space, or more than one space?
When you've found your perfect property, please get in touch with the team on 0203 918 7691 or via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- What if I want to share my unit with another company or individual?
In general, we do not permit sharing of space, but speak to the team if you believe your situation is unique.
- How long will my lease be?
Most leases are two or three years with a six-month rolling break clause although we can tailor leases to suit individual requirements in certain circumstances.
- How do I pay?
Payment is either quarterly or monthly by direct debit and in advance.
- Do I need a solicitor?
Our leases are written in plain English and based on the standard Law Society lease, so you may choose not to employ a solicitor. We are of course happy to go through the terms with you and ensure you have a working environment that meets your specific needs.
- Do I pay a deposit?
Yes, as a new Workspace customer you will normally be required to pay three months' rent in advance, although certain cases permit a lower amount.
- Are there any charges other than rent that I would need to consider?
All Workspace customers have three other charges they are liable for.
- Service charge – this covers maintenance, an allocated site manager, security and cleaning of common parts. For some of our properties, building insurance is included in the service charge, for others this is a small additional cost.
- Business rates – this is paid direct to the local authority. Please check with the relevant local authority for an exact figure or if your business is exempt.
- Utilities, services & insurance – this covers telephones, electricity, gas and contents insurance where relevant. Workspace provide Workspace Plus Insurance, a competitive business insurance cover underwritten by Willis.
- What is in my space when I move in?
Your unit should be clean, decorated and in good condition – ready for you to brand and fit out as you wish. You will need to take over any gas, electricity or telephone services, which your centre manager will help with.
- When can I move in?
As soon as you’ve paid your deposit, one month's rent, service charge in advance and your insurance premium (where relevant), then the keys are all yours and you can settle into your new business HQ.