We can’t run our business or provide many of the services and benefits you receive from us without involving other people and organisations from time to time, within the boundary of our legal data protection and privacy obligations.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and to complying with all data protection laws. Whether you supply your personal information online, by email or in a letter, by phone or text, we will never use or share it without a lawful reason to do so.
We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share your personal information with:
- Companies, brands and businesses within our group. Expand
- Service Providers who help us. Expand
- Our insurers and insurance brokers. Expand
- Credit reference agencies, who supply anti-fraud and credit-insight information to us.
- Central and local government departments such as the Driver Vehicle Licence Agency (DVLA) and local authorities who run the UK electoral rolls.
- Banks and finance companies that also provide anti-fraud services. Where anti-fraud is concerned, the organisations concerned may hold your information on file for future anti-fraud-prevention purposes.
- Other third-party suppliers with your consent. Expand
- Social media companies such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter, and our advertising partners to enable us to run targeted promotions for you on their platforms.
- Other third parties at your organisation’s direction. Expand
• Any new business partners we may have over time, for example, in the event of a joint venture, reorganisation, business merger or sale that affects us.
• Our professional advisers including our lawyers and technology consultants when they need it to give us their professional advice.
• Enforcement agents, who provide debt collection services to us.
• The Police, local authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts and any other government authority if they ask us to do so and we have legal authority to comply.
We may also share the information we collect where we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. to comply with a court order.