Workspace Group PLC with ICO registration number Z6141866 and its wholly owned subsidiary companies (together “Workspace”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are registered as data controllers with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
See here for details of “Which Workspace Group companies are Data Controllers?”
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding your information and being transparent about how we use your information to improve our services for the benefit of all our customers and website and mobile application users.
Why does Workspace require personal information from Contractors and prospective Contractors?
- Our Approved Contractor process is designed to collect information about you and/or your company’s qualifications as a prospective Workspace contractor.
- When you choose to participate in our Approved Contractor process, you will be asked to provide us with information about your company (or your business if you are a sole trader) and its capabilities together with certain personal information such as contact information (for example, the email address and landline or mobile numbers) for key personnel.
- For those who enter into a contractor relationship with us we will collect the necessary company and personal information, in particular, financial and officer details to administer and manage our business relationship.
See “What does Workspace do with my personal information?” for more details.
What type of personal information does Workspace collect?
- We collect personal information directly from your company’s representative which includes your name, business email, business address and landline or mobile numbers and details of the type of services you provide.
- We collect financial information such as bank details to pay you, tax details to comply with HMRC and CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) requirements.
- Your company’s representative with whom we liaise may also provide the personal information of other key personal within your company or organisation to facilitate the contractor relationship. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the appropriate permissions prior to sharing any of your key personnel or employee’s personal information with us.
See “ What information does Workspace collect about me?” for more details.
How will Workspace use the personal information it collects?
- The personal information that you provide will be used to assist us in matching your company’s capabilities to our contractor requirements.
- This personal information will also be used to contact and identify you throughout the contractor evaluation process.
- We use the information you provide to conduct standard pre-contract due diligence, respond to your enquiries, establish and renew contractual relationships with you, introduce you to related Workspace businesses and provide you with information on our products and services.
- We collect and store the personal information that you provide to us, including but not limited to information submitted during the Approved Contractor process.
How will Workspace share my information?
We do not reveal personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties, unless:
- you request or authorise it;
- where relevant, the information is provided as part of our out-of-hours service maintenance and emergencies resolution protocols;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the information is provided to comply with the law, applicable regulations, court orders, to enforce our contractor terms and conditions or other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others (e.g., to a trading standard office for fraud protection etc.); or
- the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., if we dispose one of our current properties to an unaffiliated third party).
See “Will Workspace share my personal information with anyone else?” for full details.
If I am a preferred contractor, how will Workspace share my information?
As a Workspace preferred contractor, you explicitly consent and authorise Workspace to process any personal information you have provided to us for the purposes of promoting your services to our Customers and users of our website, products and services.
For how long will Workspace hold my personal information?
- We will retain your personal information only as long as is necessary for contractor evaluation purposes.
- If we do not establish a business relationship with you, your company details, including personally identifiable information, will be retained only as long as necessary to complete the contractor evaluation process (generally 6 months).
- Where we enter into a business relationship with you, your company details, including personally identifiable information, will be retained for the duration of that relationship and thereafter in accordance with our Records Retention Policy for retaining business related information in our legitimate business interest.
Your privacy rights and how to contact us
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and to complying with all data protection laws. Whether you supply your personal information online, by email or in a letter, by phone or text, we will never use or share it without a lawful reason to do so. We will never sell your personal information.