Driving forward our Environmental, Social and Governance agenda is a top priority for Workspace. As a long-term owner of historic properties across the city, we play a key role in the employment-led regeneration of areas all over London. We take seriously our responsibility to positively impact local communities, while reducing our impact on the environment.
OUR COMMITMENT TO BECOME A NET ZERO CARBON BUSINESS BY 2030
We commit to the following science-based targets to help us achieve our net zero carbon goal:
- Reduce absolute scope 1 GHG emissions 42% by FY2030 from a FY2020 base year
- Continue annually sourcing 100% renewable electricity through FY2030
- Reduce scope 3 GHG from capital goods 20% per square foot of net lettable area by FY2030 from a FY2020 base year
Our science-based targets are strengthened by the following objectives:
- Install solar panels for all new developments and major refurbishments where possible and install solar panels on six shortlisted standing assets
- Developing our offsetting strategy
We acknowledge there is a climate emergency and that the building and construction industry significantly contributes to the global carbon footprint. This is why we are becoming a net zero carbon business by 2030, driving down our operational and embodied carbon emissions, aligned to limit global warming to 1.5°C.
Graham Clemett, CEO Workspace Group PLC