Workspace Group PLC with ICO registration number Z6141866 and its wholly owned subsidiary companies (together “Workspace”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are registered as data controllers with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
See here for details of “Which Workspace Group companies are Data Controllers?”
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding your information and being transparent about how we use your information to improve our services for the benefit of all our customers and website and mobile application users.
Why does Workspace require personal information from Club Workspace Members?
- Members of our Club Workspace service can access our various locations across London to meet their office space needs.
- Your membership is a contract with Workspace and we retain records, hold and share personal data to administer Club Workspace membership and to meet our contractual obligations.
- We maintain administration records for account management, credit control and invoicing.
- As a Club Workspace member, it is in our legitimate business interest to keep you informed of new premises and meeting rooms, and to contact you with promotional offers based on your previously advised preferences or usage of our Services.
- You are free to unsubscribe from receiving marketing relating to member benefits at any time.
See “What does Workspace do with my personal information?” for more details.
What type of personal information does Workspace collect?
- The information we collect comprises your name and contact details, the terms of your Club membership, bank details to collect payments (which is operated by our third-party payment processing provider), and information about your business and social media links.
- Through our controlled building entry systems, we collect information about your usage of Club membership such as the Club venues you visit, how frequently and for how long.
- All this information helps us to tailor the Club membership terms and offers, which is in our legitimate business interests.
See “What information does Workspace collect about me” for more details.
Will Workspace use the personal information it collects to market to me?
We may use your contact details to send you marketing and promotional materials where we are permitted by law to do so. Generally, we will send marketing to prospective customers and past and present users of our Services on the basis that this is in our legitimate interest in connection with running our business and does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. Where we deem that legitimate interest cannot be used as a ground to send marketing to you, we will ask for your consent before sending any marketing. You may ask us to stop using your contact details for marketing communications at any time.
See “Privacy Notice for direct marketing of Workspace Services” for full details.
How will Workspace share my information?
Some of the Club benefits are delivered by our third-party partners and we will share your information with them to facilitate the provision of these benefits.
These include WIFI connectivity, provided by our tied third-party broadband and telephony services provider, which is included in the monthly membership or free but time-restricted for guests to our cafes, for example.
We are also subject to legal and statutory obligations which mean that we will share your data with relevant authorities.
See “Will Workspace share my personal information with anyone else?” for full details.
Will my personal information be sent outside the European Economic Area?
If you use Club Workspace services in The Salisbury, our property located in Finsbury Circus, your personal data will be transferred to Jersey which has a current Adequacy Finding (which means it has been judged to have appropriate safeguards for your personal data) with the European Commission. The data transfer to Jersey is a legacy issue and relates to our original acquisition of the property and we are looking to change this arrangement in due course.
For how long will Workspace hold my personal information?
- We collect all the information we hold directly from you to enable us to administer your Club Workspace membership and deliver our Services to you.
- We will retain this information indefinitely because Club Workspace membership is on a rolling-month basis and not a time limited service. A lapsed membership can be reactivated by the payment of the current monthly rolling membership fee.
- We collect ‘know your client’ (KYC) information in respect of our Mailbox and Virtual Office customers. We no longer offer these services. For our remaining Mailbox and Virtual Office customers, we will retain their KYC records for five years after they leave in compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations.
Your privacy rights and how to contact us
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and to complying with all data protection laws. Whether you supply your personal information online, by email or in a letter, by phone or text, we will never use or share it without a lawful reason to do so. We will never sell your personal information.